Sunday, September 29, 2013

Brealynn, Emily, Me, and our little friend Emma sitting on one of the walls at Herod's Winter Palace

Sunset at Tel-Aviv over the Mediterranean with Old Jaffa.

Me and Brealynn at the BYU Jerusalem Center overlook of the city.
The top two pictures of this post go with the previous post. The field trip was great and I absolutely loved going to Tel Aviv after. The beach was way fun and the sunset was gorgeous! Plus, I kind of like being able to say I swam in the Mediterranean Sea! I included the picture of Brelynn and me at the JC because I thought I would explain what goes on with the students here. I will start with Sunday. Sunday is our free day. However, it is also the day when the nursing students have clinicals from 7 am to 3 pm with the rest of the day free. Monday is when we go on our fieldtrips (which we are told we will have a test to cover all of them at the end...) but if we get home early, the rest of the day is free time. Monday night we have FHE in small groups. Tuesday-Friday we have classes. We are currently taking Old Testament (everyday), Palestine, Israel, one language class, either Hebrew or Arabic (I am taking Arabic), and an Ancient Near East (ANE) class. The nursing students are not taking the ANE class however, because we are taking different nursing courses. The bachelor student have an online class they are taking through BYU-I while us associate students get to study OB and Pediatrics with our instructor here in the center. While it is extremely time consuming, I absolutely love it and can't think of a better way to spend my time! I have found Saturday to be my favorite day of the week. We have Sabbath on Saturday, because the majority of religions have Sabbath on Saturday. It was a little weird at first, but it's great now. I decided to join the center's choir even though I am a terrible singer (I'm sure my mom and Whitney can attest to that). It has been the best decision that I have made here. The chapel where practice and have church is surrounded with windows and the seats face so that you overlook Jerusalem, similar to the picture I posted above. It is crazy to think I have been here almost a month! But I love it here! The professors are amazing, as well as are their families! I have made some really good friends and have found how easy it is to have a good attitude here despite all of the hard work we have to do. Next weekend is General Conference and we will be watching is live, so we will be watching it at night, which might be kind of odd. Also on Sunday we leave for Turkey!! I can't wait and I will do my best to keep this blog updated!! I love you all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment