Saturday, September 7, 2013

This is the view from my apartment terrace. This picture doesn't do it justice at all! The gardens here are full of rose bushes and pomegranate trees. Also if you can see on the left the tiny gold spot, that is the Dome of the Rock. It looks a lot bigger from this view in real life.

This shows part of the wall that surrounds the Old City of Jerusalem. Just to the left, not in this picture is Jaffa Gate.
Theses first couple of day have been amazing and I have already had some amazing experiences. I have been out into the city twice, once on a small group tour walk around and once with the two lovely ladies in the picture above and one of their uncles. All the sites and people I have seen so far are amazing! There is so much knowledge and history here that I hope I can learn as much as possible. Our schedule is pretty busy but I am loving it so far! We have our first field trip on Monday and I will hopefully have something wonderful to post!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay, this is amazing. Those pictures look spectacular. I can't believe you get to experience this. I'm so happy for you. And I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH, your view is absolutely amazing! I can't even imagine how you must feel everyday! And I seriously can't wait to read about where your adventures will take you :) Miss and love you tooooons, Loo!

    ReplyDelete